- 2 x 1,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 650 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4" TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- Back-to-front ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank", impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Power amps have always been heavy, mainly because of the massive transformers and heat sinks. Our new EPX Series amps are based on groundbreaking switch-mode technology which eliminates the heavy transformer. As a result, the amp weighs around 40% less - in fact the EPX2000 is just 22 lbs./10.10 kg, and you can lift it up almost with one finger. Best of all our super-reliable switch-mode power supply provides an even tighter bass performance as it can deliver ultra-high peak currents.
The secret to the EPX series incredible power-to-weight ratio is their use of a switching-mode power supply combined with Class-H topology. Switching-mode power supplies work on demand. Instead of constantly working at full power and dissipating excess power as heat, they only ramp up the power output when neededthousands of times per second. Considerably more efficient than traditional power supplies, switching-mode power supplies are small and light, yet deliver ample power.
Think of a Class H amp as a car with two engines (in amps, you call them rails). One engine runs all the time. The other runs only when musical peaks demand extra power output. An EPX Class H amp only generates a fraction more power than is immediately needed while the output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time.
And just like in todays hybrid cars, the efficiency of this dual system is far greater than having one engine or rail that must operate all the time. EPX amps dont waste power. Class H amps dont waste power, require much smaller heat sinks and much lighter power transformers.