The Datagate is the cornerstone of any DMX network. It can be:
- DMX Hub/Splitter
- DMX Merger (HTP or LTP)
- DMX -> Ethernet
- Ethernet-> DMX
- Or any combination of the above
The Datagate has 10 profiles, each profile reconfigures it to perform a specific task, the Datagate comes with factory profiles.
- DMX Hub
- 4Way Isolator
- 7 to 1 HTP Merger
- DMX -> Ethernet
- Ethernet -> DMX.
The user can also create their own profiles to make the datagate perform how ever he/she wants. With the flick of a switch the Datagate can become a completely different product, thus replacing many devices such as DMX hubs, mergers, or DMX/Ethernet converter boxes with one single unit.
Profiles are edited using the Enttec NMU (Node Management Utility)
The Datagate has 8 input or output DMX ports, and supports up to 8 DMX over ethernet universes (channels). When a DMX port is configured as an input simply plug in the gender changer into the required port. Port 8 has both connectors male and female.
The routing engine has 8 rules that determine what happens to the dmx data, rules are built as the following: A op B -> C A,B or C can be any DMX port or Channel op (Operator) can be: Copy, Merge LTP, Merge HTP
To create a simple DMX hub with Port 8 as the input, the rule would be:
Port 8 (1 to 512) copy -> Port 1 ... Port 8 (1 to 512) copy -> Port 7
For a 8 universe Ethernet to DMX convertor:
Ethernet Channel 1 (1 to 512) copy -> Port 1
Ethernet Channel 8 (1 to 512) copy -> Port 8
Another application could be to use the datagate as a DMX output for an ethernet enabled lighting desk, with port 8 as input for a riggers remote for dimmer channels 1 to 200:
Channel 1 HTP merge port 8 (1 to 200) -> Port 1
Channel 7 HTP merge port 8 (1 to 200) -> Port 7
All merging, and conversion processing is handled by a proprietary logic chip, thus guaranteeing that the dmx output from the Datagate does not slow down whatever the situation.
- 8 1500V opto isolated DMX ports
- Break time configurable for each DMX port (88us to 1ms)
- DMX Refresh rate configurable for each port (2Hz -> 44Hz)
- Number of channels configurable for each port (1 to 512)
- Profile editing and setup done through easy menu structure or inbuilt webpage
- Data throughput Statistics available through webpage
- Supports ESP & ARTNET protocols for DMX over Ethernet
- Routing Engine supports Copy, Merge HTP, Merge LTP
- LCD display provides status information on port direction, and data flow
- The Datagate DE & DME also includes LightFactory Limited Edition
- Inbuilt Autoranging (90-260V) Mains power supply
- CE, FCC certified
The Datagate can be upgraded to 4 models:
1 - Datagate D: DMX ports only (dmx hub)
2 - Datagate DM: DMX ports + Merging
3 - Datagate DE: DMX ports + Ethernet
4 - Datagate DME: DMX ports + Merging + Ethernet
The datagate can be quickly upgraded using a license code from one version to another, thus minimizing the initial investment.